Written by Rebecca Hansen
We learned a quick tip recently that makes adding emojis to social content so much easier, we couldn’t believe we had never heard of it. On the off-chance that you haven’t either, we wanted to share the wealth.
why should you Add Emojis to Social Media Content
“Why in the world,” you wonder, “should I use emojis in business content? Isn’t that a bit on the casual side of, well, business?”
I’m so glad you asked! This article explains why you might want to dip your toe in the emoji waters.
Now, that’s all well and good, but assuming you aren’t writing all your business content on your smartphone (you aren’t, are you?), where are you supposed to get emojis? They don’t sell emoji keyboards for iMacs!
Or do they?
Adding Emojis to Social Media Posts on an Apple Computer
If you do happen to use an Apple computer, here’s the impressive 2-step trick that your friends don’t know.
- With your cursor in the spot you want to type an emoji, push ctrl+cmd+space.
- When the “Characters” panel pops up, find the emoji you want and double-click on it.
Adding Emojis to Social Media Posts on a Windows Computer
Windows users, don’t despair! You have a few more steps, but it’s not hard.
- Right-click on the taskbar, choose “Toolbars” and click on “Touch Keyboard.”
- Find the Touch Keyboard icon in the lower right corner of the screen and open it.
- Where you would expect to find the “Option” key, you’ll see a smiley face instead. Click it.
- Voila! Single-click any emoji to insert it where you are typing.
Some of our favorite ways to use emojis
- Toss a relevant one into a sentence to catch the eye.
- Use to convey emotion – happy! Sad! Worried! That is so adorable!
- Respond to fan comments.
- Insert a playful mood into content.
How will you use the little yellow faces and their friends?
If you’re looking for more ways to increase social media engagement, here are 5 other methods we recommend adding to your strategy. Read more.